Job: Project Manager
DockYard is seeking a Project Manager to join our growing national team!
Want to work with some of the most highly respected engineers/designers in the industry? Tired of the regular PM grind where organizational complexity stifles team productivity and morale? Want to work on projects where people come before tools? Do you know what it means to be a Servant Leader? Want to work with some of the most respected global brands?
Looking for full health, vision & dental benefits plus a 401K plan? Would you like to attend one industry conference each year and regular company team-building activities? Interested in a very generous amount of PTO?
Then read on!
- Facilitate definition of project scope, including the creation of living prioritized backlog of work, using visual planning techniques (e.g. storyboards)
- Help team/client prepare for and successfully participate in Release Planning and Iteration (sprint) planning events
- Help the Agile team prepare for and successfully conduct demos and retrospectives at the end of each iteration
- Rigorously remove impediments for the team and aid in improving transparency
- Perform risk management to mitigate project risks
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage/monitor the project budget, project estimates, and manage to the approved spend
- Reveal/identify potential Biz Dev opportunities to management team
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development environment as a PM and/or Engineer
- Strong/proven team orientation
- Proven experience/understanding of what it means to be a Servant Leader
- Experience working in Scrum and/or other types of Agile environments
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience with software development and web technologies
- Ability to apply project management knowledge to real world scenarios (Pragmatic)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Willingness to learn, grow and be flexible in small company environment
- Experience managing projects involving remote teams
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience managing projects in Client Services (Consulting) context
- Familiarity with GitHub